Good morning, Keluarga dan KawaNina (my family and friends),
Today I’d like to talk about the end of days. End of the universe. Apocalypse. Doom’s day. Judgement day. Kiamat. Qiyamah. Ressurection Day. What ever you call it. 🙂 In Islam, as I am a Muslim, we call it “Qiyamah”.
Is it real? Will it happen? When?
Of course it’s real. Yes, it WILL happen. It’s a certainty–an absolute event. But only Allah knows when.
Wait.. If you don’t know when it will occur, how can you tell it’s an absolute, real, event?
Well, because we read the Qur’an and there is about 252 ayah (verses) from the total of 6,237 verses (including basmallah, the opener sentence) mention about qiyamah. I personally believe what ever written in the Qur’an, 100%.
First of all, let me explain why I, personally, believe in Al Qur’an. It IS the kalam of Allah (God’s words). Even though it was written by human’s hands, Allah guaranteed its purity. As said in the surah of Al Hijr (Q.S. 15), verse 9:
At first, Qur’an was delivered ayah by ayah to the Rasulullah (Prophet) Muhammad, Salallahu ‘Alaihi Wassalam (peace be upon him) via malaikat Jibril (angel Gabriel). And Allah made him memorize it easily, as said in:
But then, the Khulafaur Rasyidin or Rashidun Caliphs–Rasulullah, SAW best friends and successors decided to write it down, because they worried Muslims–the ummah of Rasulullah, SAW, the followers’ might forget it word by word. Especially, because the matters of the world faced by ummah get heavier and heavier each year. They were thinking about us, ummah, today, 1,400 years after the passing of Rasulullah, SAW. Further reading about the origin of Qur’an, please click these following links: http://www.whyislam.org/the-origin-of-the-quran/ or http://www.islam-guide.com/bqs/15authenticity.htm
In short, I’m a believer. You don’t really question a believer, do you? 😀 I mean, since it’s related to one’s faith. Beside, in Islam, there are another lessons we learned and apply: 5 Rukun Islam (arkan ad-din or five pillars of Islam) and 6 Rukun Iman (six pillars of faith).
Five Pillars of Islam:
(1) Shahadah: declaring there is no god except Allah, and Muhammad is God’s Messenger.
(2) Salat: ritual prayer five times a day
(3) Zakat: giving 2.5% of one’s savings to the poor and needy
(4) Shaum: fasting and self-control during the holy month of Ramadan
(5) Hajj: pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in a lifetime if one is able
And, six Pillars of Iman (Faith/Belief) also known as six articles of faith:
(1) Believe in Allah
(2) Believe in angels
(3) Believe in Qur’an and hadiths
(4) Believe in Nabi and Rasulullah (messengers and prophets)
(5) Believe in Qiyamah (day of ressurection)
(6) Believe in Qada’ and Qadar (fate).
Further reading, please click: http://www.islam-guide.com/ch3-2.htm
And there it is again, another mention about qiyamah. 🙂
Like death, qiyamah is something will happen for sure. In fact, death is also called as a “small qiyamah“–it’s the end of time for a person, while qiyamah is the end of time for the whole universe–but no one can be sure of what will happen exactly that time. But the holy Qur’an does mention about it. Even, there is a surah specifically talk about qiyamah.
Surat Al-Qiyāmah (The Resurrection) – سورة القيامة
75:1 – Nay, I swear by the Day of Resurrection;
75:2 – Nay, I swear by the accusing soul (that this Scripture is true).
75:3 – Thinketh man that We shall not assemble his bones?
75:4 – Yea, verily. We are Able to restore his very fingers!
75:5 – But man would fain deny what is before him.
75:6 – He asketh: When will be this Day of Resurrection?
75:7 – But when sight is confounded
75:8 – And the moon is eclipsed
75:9 – And sun and moon are united,
75:10 – On that day man will cry: Whither to flee!
75:11 – Alas! No refuge!
75:12 – Unto thy Lord is the recourse that day.
75:13 – On that day man is told the tale of that which he hath sent before and left behind.
75:14 – Oh, but man is a telling witness against himself,
75:15 – Although he tender his excuses.
75:16 – Stir not thy tongue herewith to hasten it.
75:17 – Lo! upon Us (resteth) the putting together thereof and the reading thereof.
75:18 – And when We read it, follow thou the reading;
75:19 – Then lo! upon Us (resteth) the explanation thereof.
75:20 – Nay, but ye do love the fleeting Now
75:21 – And neglect the Hereafter.
75:22 – That day will faces be resplendent,
75:23 – Looking toward their Lord;
75:24 – And that day will other faces be despondent,
75:25 – Thou wilt know that some great disaster is about to fall on them.
75:26 – Nay, but when the life cometh up to the throat
75:27 – And men say: Where is the wizard (who can save him now)?
75:28 – And he knoweth that it is the parting;
75:29 – And agony is heaped on agony;
75:30 – Unto thy Lord that day will be the driving.
75:31 – For he neither trusted, nor prayed.
75:32 – But he denied and flouted.
75:33 – Then went he to his folk with glee.
75:34 – Nearer unto thee and nearer,
75:35 – Again nearer unto thee and nearer (is the doom).
75:36 – Thinketh man that he is to be left aimless?
75:37 – Was he not a drop of fluid which gushed forth?
75:38 – Then he became a clot; then (Allah) shaped and fashioned
75:39 – And made of him a pair, the male and female.
75:40 – Is not He (Who doeth so) Able to bring the dead to life?
Islam also learns, there are signs of qiyamah approaching. Before answering, my lack in English prevents me to explain them clearly, so I copied the answer from here: http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5959 –sorry. 😦 But the answer is legit, we learned the same here (Indonesia) too.
Hadhrat Abu Musa Ash’ari (R.A.) narrates that Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhii Wassallam) said, “Qiyamah will come..
- When it will be regarded as a shame to act on Quranic injunctions.
- When untrustworthy people will be regarded as trustworthy and the trustworthy will be regarded as untrustworthy.
- When it will be hot in winter (and vice versa).
- When the length of days is stretched, i.e. a journey of a few days is covered in a matter of hours.
- When orators and lecturers lie openly.
- When people dispute over petty issues.
- When women with children come displeased on account of them bearing offspring, and barren women remain happy on account of having no responsibility of offspring.
- When oppression, jealousy, and greed become the order of the day.
- When people blatantly follow their passions and whims.
- When lies prevail over the truth.
- When violence, bloodshed and anarchy become common.
- When immorality overtakes shamelessness and is perpetrated publicly.
- When legislation matters pertaining to Deen is handed over to the worst elements of the Ummat, and if people accept them and are satisfied with their findings, then such persons will not smell the fragrance of Jannat.
- When the offspring become a cause of grief and anger (for their parents)
The following is part of a lengthy Hadith narrated by Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Mas’ood (R.A.) when he inquired from Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) about the Signs of Qiyamah..:
- Music and musical instruments will be found in every home.
- People will indulge in homosexuality.
- There will be an abundance of illegitimate children.
- There will be an abundance of critics, tale-carriers, back- biters and taunters in society.
- People will establish ties with strangers and sever relations with their near and dear ones.
- Hypocrites will be in control of the affairs of the community and evil, immoral people will be at the helm of business establishments.
- The Masjid will be decorated, but the hearts of the people will be devoid of guidance.
- The courtyards of Masjids will be built beautifully and high mimbars (pulpits) will be erected.
- Gangsters and evil people will prevail.
- Various wines will be consumed excessively.
Auf bin Malik (R.A.) says: I came to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) while he was in his skin tent during the Tabuk expedition. He said to me, “Count six things before the advent of Qiyamah:
- My death
- The conquest of Jerusalem
- Mass deaths amongst you people, just as when sheep die in large numbers during an epidemic
- Abundance of wealth to such an extent that if a person were to be given a hundred Dinars he will still not be satisfied
- General anarchy and bloodshed, that no Arab household will be spared from it
- Then a life of peace as a result of a peace agreement between you and the Banil Asfaar (Romans) which they will break and attack you with a force consisting of eighty flags and under each flag will be an army of twelve thousand men.” (Hadith: Sahih Bukhari).
IRAQ and SYRIA
Abu Nadhrah says: “We were sitting in the company of Jabir bin Abdullah (R.A.) when he said: ‘Soon the people of IRAQ will neither receive any food (grain) nor any money.'” We asked, “Why would such a thing happen?” He replied, “Because of the non-Arabs.” (i.e they will prevent food from going into Iraq, in the form of “sanctions” to this day.) He then said: “Soon the people of Shaam (SYRIA) will neither receive any money nor grain.” We asked as to why this would happen. He replied: “Because of the Romans (christians).”
Hadhrat Abbas (R.A) narrates that Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) has said, “Islam will spread far and wide, across the seas. Horses will cross the land and seas in the cause of Jihaad. Then a time will come wherein a group of people will emerge which recites the Quraan. They will claim, ‘We have recited the Quraan and is there anyone who understands the Quraan better than us? There is NO ONE more proficient than us in the study of the Quraan.’
Then Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) asked the Sahaba, “Do you see any good in their claims?” The Sahaba replied, “No”. Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) said, “But these conceited claimants will be from my Ummah and will be the fuel of the Fire.” — from “Signs of Qiyamah” (excerpts) by Mohammed Ali Ibn Zubair Ali.
The Major Signs of the Last Day
A. The occurences before the Major Signs:
- GENOCIDE – A man from Abu Sufyaan’s (Suffyani) progeny massacres descendents of Nabi (S.A.W) and rules over Syria and Egypt.
- WAR – A major war between Muslims and Christians: Half the Christian army will sign a peace treaty with the Muslim army, while the second half of the Christian army remains the common enemy.
- ISTANBUL CONQUERED BY CHRISTIANS – The enemy half of the Christian army conquers Constantinople (Istanbul), Turkey.
- ISTANBUL RECONQUERED JOINTLY BY MUSLIM AND CHRISTIANS – The Muslims and the good half of the Christian army conquer Constantinople together, against the enemy Christians. Thereafter, a Christian will say the victory was due to the cross, and the Muslim will say it was due to Islam. A battle between both sides will ensue, and the Muslim Ruler will be martyred.
- SYRIA CONQUERED BY CHRISTIANS – The two Christian armies reunite, conquering Syria.
- CHRISTIAN DOMINATION – Christians dominate the world up to Khaiber (near Madinah), and they will pursue Muslims with 80 flags, with 12,000 men under each flag.
- MUSLIMS AWAIT – Imaam Mahdi.
- TOTAL ECLIPSE – A total eclipse of the sun and moon will occur in Ramadhaan, prior to Imaam Mahdi’s emergence.
- IMAAM MAHDI EMERGES – At age 40, Imam Mahdi appears in Makkah, then flees to Madinah.
B. The Major Signs (i.e. events after the emergence of Imam Mahdi)
- MUSLIM ARMY MARCHES – The army of Mansoor from Khurasaan will head towards Makkah to aid Imam Mahdi. They will win many battles on the way. No force will be able to stop them. They will carry black flags.
- SUFYAANI ARMY SWALLOWED BY THE EARTH – The Sufyaani army (an Anti-Muslim force) from Syria singles out Imam Mahdi for execution. On the way to Makkah, they get swallowed into the ground. A second Sufyaani army is created with 960,000 men (of 80 nations).
- CONFRONTATION IN SYRIA – Imam Mahdi and the Muslim army go to Syria to confront the Christians. The Christians, before the battle, will ask Muslims for the return of their prisoners-of-war. The Muslims will refuse. The battle will begin. One-third of Imam Mahdi’s army will flee (their repentance will not be accepted), one-third will be martyred, and one-third will gain victory over the Christians.
- MUSLIM ARMY UNDER IMAAM MAHDI CONQUERS PALESTINE JIHAAD ON INDIA – A jamaat of Muslims wages Jihaad on India and be successful.
- SYRIA UNDER MUSLIM RULE – Imam Mahdi returns to Syria and establishes Muslim rule over the lands he passes.
- ANIMOSTIY RIFE AMONGST THE PEOPLE – At this time, Muslims will be weak and there will be very few pious people.
RUMORS OF EMERGENCE OF Dajjaal (“Anti-Christ”)
- 3 YEARS OF DROUGHT – Before the emergence of Dajjaal there will be three years of drought. The first year, the skies will retain 1/3 of its water, the second year 2/3, and all of its water the third year.
- DAJJAAL APPEARS – Dajjal appears. His followers, the Yahudis, will number 70,000 and will wear expensive silk attire and carry double edged swords.
- Hadhrat Eisa alayhis salaam (JESUS) APPEARS
- Hadhrat Eisa alayhis salaam descends during the lifetime of Imaam Mahdi.
- DAJJAL KILLED AT THE GATE OF HUDD – Hadhrat Eisa alayhis salaam kills Dajjal at the Gate of Hudd, near an Israeli airport, in the valley of “Ifiq.” The final war between the Yahudi’s will ensue, and the Muslims be victorious.
- TOTAL PEACE – With the death of Dajjal, all wars will end. Jihad will be stopped; peace, harmony, and tranquility will be on earth. The earth will produce abundant crops and fruit. The people will follow Islam.
- HADHRAT ISA RECEIVES REVELATION – The revelation tells that the Yajooj and Majooj will soon be released and the believers should be taken to Mt. Toor (Sinai).
- Yajooj And Majooj (“Gog and Magog”) RELEASED – The Yajooj and Majooj surge forth in large numbers. They destroy everything in their path in their effort to conquer the world. They will be released in two groups.
- YAJOOJ AND MAJOOJ REACH JERUSALEM – When they reach Mount Khamrin in Jerusalem, they will proclaim to have conquered the world. Then the will shoot arrows into the sky to conquer the heavens. The arrows will return blood stained.
- HARDHSHIPS ON MOUNT TOOR – Scarcity of provisions and hardships will afflict the Muslims. Hadhrat Eisa alayhis salaam and the Muslims will pray for the removal of the calamity.
- YAJOOJ AND MAJOOJ KILLED BY INFECTIONS – Their prayers were answered and the Yajooj and Majooj develop boil infections, causing them to burst simultaneously as a result.
- EARTH FULL OF STENCH OF CORPSES – Hadhrat Eisa alayhis salaam and his companions pray again and huge birds are sent to pick up the Yajooj and Majooj corpses and dispose of them in Nahbal (according to Tirmidhi), the ocean or elsewhere.
- PEACE ON EARTH – It will rain for forty days and the earth will be cleansed. Muslims will burn the bows and arrow of Yajooj and Majooj for 7 years. Life will be peaceful while Hadhrat Eisa alayhis salaam is alive. The earth will be bountiful. Hadhrat Eisa will live 19 years after marriage.
- HADHRAT ISA PASSES AWAY AND BURIED NEXT TO MUHAMMED (S.A.W.)
- OTHER LEADERS FOLLOW AFTER HADHRAT EISA alayhis salaam – Jahjaan from Qahtaan, from a tribe in Yemen, will rule as the next Khalifa. Muquad, from a tribe of Banu Tamim will also be a deputy.
- SOCIETY SLOWLY DECAYS AND KUFR SETS IN
The Final Signs of Qiyaamah:
- THE CAVING IN OF THE GROUND – The ground will cave in: one in the east, one in the west, and one in Hejaz, Saudi Arabia.
- THE FORTY DAY SMOKE/FOG – Fog or smoke will cover the skies for forty days. The non-believers will fall unconscious, while Muslims will be ill (develop colds). The skies will then clear up.
- THE NIGHT OF THREE NIGHTS – A night three nights long will follow the fog. It will occur in the month of Zil-Hajj after Eidul-Adha, and cause much restlessness among the people.
- THE RISING OF THE SUN IN THE WEST – After the night of three nights, the following morning the sun will rise in the west. People’s repentance will not be accepted after this incident.
- THE BEAST FROM THE EARTH APPEARS – One day later, the Beast from the earth will miraculously emerge from Mount Safaa in Makkah, causing a split in the ground. The beast will be able to talk to people and mark the faces of people, making the believers’ faces glitter, and the non-believers’ faces darkened.
- THE BREEZE FROM THE SOUTH – A breeze from the south causes sores in the armpits of Muslims, which they will die of as a result.
- DESTRUCTION OF THE KA’ABA – The Ka’aba will be destroyed by non-Muslim African group. Kufr will be rampant. Haj will be discontinued. The Qur’an will be lifted from the heart of the people, 30 years after the ruler Muquad’s death.
- FINAL SIGN OF QIYAAMAH: FIRE IN YEMEN – The fire will follow people to Syria, after which it will stop.
- COMMENCEMENT OF QIYAAMAH – Some years after the fire, Qiyaamah begins with the Soor (trumpet) being blown. The year is not known to any person. Qiyaamah will come upon the worst of creation.
I just wish, I’d be long gone before the final qiyamah taken place. I can not imagine the horror of sight year by year I would see. And, please, Allah, be it heaven as my reward, the place I return to. Aamiin..
Anyways, why do I decide to write about this? Well, mainly, it’s a personal reminder–for myself. Secondly, let this be knowledge for those who seek the knowledge of it. Thirdly, because I was amazed by these footages on the youtube, about strange trumpet-like sound, all over the world. Euh, actually, it was only heard in some parts of Europe (Ukraine, Slovak), USA, Central America, Australia, and Canada. We, in Indonesia, haven’t heard such sound, yet.
See the footages below. In year 2012, 2013, and 2015.
And here are the most recent:
And here’s the news report worldwide:
Science might have an explanation about it, as the sound of nature–some kind of radio frequency or something like that. But to me, personally, it’s somewhat scary and remind me of Allah directly. How Great Allah is. How the universe is under Allah’s power. Anything is possible if Allah wants it–kun fayakun: “Be! and it is.“ [from “But His command, when He intendeth a thing, is only that He saith unto it: Be! and it is.” (Q.S. 36 Yaseen: 82)] Allahuakbar.